We’ve missed you.
The Penn Museum will reopen to the public on July 28.
Museum members are invited to return for a members-only week from July 21–26.
We look forward to welcoming you back and are working to ensure a safe and positive experience.
Book your timed tickets in advance.
Planning Your Visit
- Timed tickets will be required for admission. We are operating at reduced capacity in accordance with City and state protocols.
- Due to limited capacity, we can only guarantee admission for advance reservations. Reserve your tickets online (members must log in to verify their status and receive free admission) or call 215.898.4001. Walk-up admission will be accommodated only as available.
- Tickets will correspond to two-hour admission windows. Guests may enter the Museum at any time during that window and explore the galleries at their own pace.
- We ask that if you are feeling unwell that you postpone your visit. Please call 215.898.4001 or email email@example.com to reschedule your tickets if necessary.
Visiting the Museum
- Face coverings and symptom checking will be required for all staff and visitors ages 2+, and we ask you to maintain at least a 6-foot distance from anyone not in your household group. Please help us keep everyone safe.
- Capacity limits for each gallery and public space, based on square footage, are posted throughout the Museum.
- Visitors will be asked to follow a one-way route through the galleries, to maximize social distancing—just follow the arrows on the floor.
- Hand sanitizer and wipe dispenser stations will be available near entrances and interactive elements. We have also installed plexiglass barriers in areas where transactions occur.
- Until indoor dining is permitted by the City, the Museum Café will not be serving food or beverages. Because water fountains are unavailable for hygiene reasons, visitors are welcome to bring their own bottled water, but no other food or drink is permitted in the Museum.
- Coat check will not be available.
Penn Museum Information
For more information about the following, please contact:
|Events and firstname.lastname@example.org||215.898.2680|
|K–12 school email@example.com||215.746.6774|
|Weddings and private firstname.lastname@example.org||215.898.3024|
|Penn Classes and Student Programsemail@example.com||215.746.6978|
Sign up for the Penn Museum's E-Newsletter to receive more updates.Sign Up
Frequently Asked Questions
- What safety protocols are in place?
- Cleaning of public spaces and interactive elements is being conducted with increased frequency throughout the day, using CDC-rated products.
- Hand sanitizer and disinfecting wipe stations have been installed throughout the building
- No-touch measures (such as hands-free door openers and touch-free waste containers) have been implemented wherever possible.
- Plexiglass barriers have been installed in areas where transactions occur.
- We ask that any visitor feeling unwell postpone their visit.
- What if I forgot my mask? Will the Museum provide one?
- Medical experts have established that mask usage effectively reduces the risk of virus transmission. If you forget your mask, we will provide one for you, and you’re welcome to take it home with you.
- If you are unable to wear a mask for medical reasons, please call 215.898.4001 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for information on alternative accommodations.
- Do I have to buy my ticket in advance?
- We strongly encourage all visitors to reserve tickets in advance through our online ticketing system in order to guarantee admission on your preferred date and time and to streamline your entry process. You may also purchase tickets in person at either welcome desk, but we cannot guarantee availability. Guests who wish to check ticket availability before they purchase tickets in person can call the Museum at 215.898.4001.
- I’m a Museum member. Do I still need a timed ticket?
- Yes. The timed ticketing system helps us to monitor and limit capacity to maintain the safety of our guests and staff. Members can reserve their complimentary tickets online: log in to verify your status and the cost of your tickets will be removed at checkout. If you have not reserved your ticket in advance, we cannot guarantee availability when you arrive at the Museum, based on our limited capacity.
- When can I arrive at the Museum?
- You are welcome to arrive at any time during the two-hour window on your admission ticket and to proceed through the galleries at your own pace. Admission after your ticketed window is subject to capacity limitations.
- Guests are welcome to enjoy the Museum’s outdoor spaces before, during, or after their ticketed entry time.
- Why are there 30-minute pauses between timed ticketing windows?
- Visitors will not be able to enter the Museum during these periodic breaks, to give Museum staff time to thoroughly clean and sanitize public spaces.
- Can I take a tour when I visit?
- Guided public tours, such as our Global Guides tours, are temporarily unavailable. We continue to offer new virtual programming on our website that brings the Museum’s resources, including virtual tours, to you: check out Penn Museum At Home.
- Are you still accepting cash?
- What do I do if I purchased tickets for a date and time but do not feel well/cannot attend?
- Your ticket can be exchanged for another date and time. Please email email@example.com, or call 215.898.4001 to reschedule your visit.