|Current Location:||Collections Storage|
|Period:||Late Minoan IB|
|Outside Diameter:||36 cm|
|Credit Line:||Gift of the Candia Museum (Herakleion Archaeological Museum); H. B. Hawes, 1904|
Flat lid with three handles on upper side. Coarse, red (2.5R 5/4-6) clay with light and dark inclusions, with decoration in red to brown paint and added white paint. Slipped on the upper surface with fine pink clay, and burnished. Handmade (?). Band on rim; lobes facing inward and outward with reserved line between them; flowers in interstices at border; floral motif in center. Added white: dots on band on rim; dots between bands on lobes. Section of side preserved. Generally similar, with the same handle arrangement, as Hawes et al. 1908: pl. 7, no. 16 (Gournia).
|[Catalogue, Collection] Silverman, Jean S., and Betancourt, Philip P. 1991. Pottery from Gournia:The Cretan Collection in the University Museum, The University of Pennsylvania.. Philadelphia. University of Pennsylvania Museum of Archaeology and Anthropology. Actual Citation : Page/Fig./Plate: pp. 77-78, no. 696, pl. 36, fig. 33||View Objects related to this Actual Citation|
You may also be interested in these objects:
Report problems and issues to email@example.com.